As a Managing Quantity Surveyor you’ll be required to fulfil and promote a culture of being both personable and professional whilst achieving predicted results and make a positive difference to the business.
You will be required to………..
· Liaise, advise and keep informed at all times the Commercial Director of any
issues on site that have or could have any significant financial effect on the
· Manage a team of Quantity Surveyors including periodically undertaking staff audits
and appraisals. Provide assistance and support as and when deemed necessary.
· Liaise with the Operations team and advise and give support on any commercial and
contractual matters that may arise on the Contracts. Including assisting all other
members of the production team in collaborative working to obtain our corporate
· Ensure that all Consultant appointments and Warranties are concluded and ensure
that all trackers are kept up to date.
· Ensure that subcontract procurement is managed to meet with the project
requirements in line with the procurement schedule. Including reviewing any proposed
Sub-contract Agreements prior to final approval by the Commercial Director and
Operations Director. Including reviewing the content and accuracy of any orders.
· Ensure that all Sub-contractor Warranties are completed and that all trackers are kept
up to date.
· Liaise from time to time with the Estimating Department and provide feedback for
assistance with current tenders.
· As and when necessary get involved with both Settlement of External Final Accounts
and Sub-contract Final accounts which may involve assisting in any dispute resolution
and settlement of any onerous accounts.
· Ensure timely and accurate production of monthly cost/value reconciliations in
conjunction with the other members of the team; i.e. Contracts Manager, Project
Manager, Labour Managers and Buyer.
· Checking and review any contract documents, if and when required, prior to execution
· As required attendance at any design team meetings, team meetings and any Client
· Attendance at the monthly commercial team meetings to review the cost/value
reconciliation prior to submission to the Board of Directors
· Supply chain management to ensure the use of approved subcontractor from the
workspace database, constant evaluation and monitoring and maintaining working
· As and when required get involved with procurement of early key sub-contract
packages and liaison with the Construction team to ensure that contracts can
commence on site in line with the main contract programme.
· Review risk and opportunities with site teams and aid with “exceptional commercial
issues” that materially affect the business to bring to a positive conclusion.
· Maintain a general overview of projects and their commercial matters to influence
direction for the best interest of the business.
· Reviewing and maintaining commercial documents together with production and
maintenance of templates utilised to manage and influence changes and requirements
for the business.
On top of competitive salary, car allowance and pension, you'll be able to make the most of a great benefits package, including Private Healthcare.
If you are interested in applying please email email@example.com