Bardsley Construction is a family owned construction company – and we’re still growing fast. The way we work is innovative and transformative, our people are passionate and knowledgeable, our culture is warm, friendly and family-driven with over 54 years’ experience of our industry, our clients trust us to deliver everything we promise.
When it comes to your career, we deliver everything we promise.
Your new role
As Quantity Surveyor, you’ll be responsible for:
• Liaising, advising and keeping informed at all times the Managing QS of any issues on site that have or could have any significant financial effect on the business.
• Daily management of the commercial aspect of construction projects including any contract administration requirements
• Subcontract procurement to meet with the project requirements in line with the procurement schedule, management of the subcontractor once appointed, interim subcontract payments and final accounts.
• Production of monthly cost/value reconciliations in conjunction with the other members of the team; i.e. Contracts Manager, Project Manager, Bonus Surveyor and Buyer
• Production of monthly detailed internal and external cash flows.
• Checking of contract documents prior to execution by Directors.
• Prepare and issue as necessary any Warranties (consultant & sub-contractors).
• Preparation and management of the Consultant appointments.
• Assist all other members of the production team in collaborative working to obtain our corporate objectives
• Preparation of interim valuations and final accounts
• Liaison with client representatives to manage the financial outcome of each project (pricing of variations/production of ongoing final account projections).
• Attendance at the monthly Client site meeting.
• Attendance at the monthly commercial team meeting to review the cost/value reconciliation prior to submission to the Board of Directors.
• Attendance at design team meetings and involvement in approval process of drawings for design and build projects
• Supply chain management to ensure the use of approved subcontractor from the database, constant evaluation and monitoring and maintaining working relationships
• As deemed necessary implementation and management of Health and Safety compliance within supply chain and on site observations.
What's in it for me?
On top of a competitive salary and pension, you’ll be able to make the most of a great benefits package, including Private Healthcare.
email: email@example.com or phone HR on 0161-330-4444