Bardsley Construction is a family owned construction company – and we’re still growing fast. The way we work is innovative and transformative, our people are passionate and knowledgeable, our culture is warm, friendly and family-driven, and with over 54 years’ experience of our industry, our clients trust us to deliver everything we promise.
Your new role
When it comes to your career, we deliver everything we promise to.
As a Site Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Assume responsibility for the detailed construction process.
- Implement the Project Management Plan including all agreed site procedures and practices.
- Advise on buildability issues as required.
- Ensure that all machinery and plant, including power and hand tools are maintained in good condition and that people using them are suitably trained. Where necessary supporting documentation must be retained on site.
- Ensure that appropriate quality records are being produced and monitored to verify that the works are being completed in accordance with the specified requirements.
- Manage plant and equipment on site – ensure all necessary are registered and documents are maintained.
- Manage direct and agency labour and the keeping of records and allocation sheets.
- Keep records of subcontractor attendance and progress.
- Ensure site diary is kept.
- Ensure good housekeeping on site.
- Plan and maintain a tidy site with clean offices and welfare facilities.
- Release operatives when necessary for on and off site training.
- Collate site progress photographs.
- Set up and monitor handover schedules keys, spares and certificates.
- Reprimand an individual failing to discharge their responsibilities satisfactorily.
- Manage workface Health and Safety in accordance with BCL procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the fire, traffic and Health and Safety Management Plans.
- Co-operate with the Health and Safety Advisor and act on recommendations given.
- Ensure that all accidents and dangerous occurrences are reported in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that suitable protective clothing and equipment is provided to employees and that training in its use where appropriate is given. Employers must be informed of the procedures for issue, maintenance and replacement of PPE and RPE.
- Ensure that the site is properly supervised at all times (holidays, sickness, weekend working etc.)
- Ensure compliance with the company fire prevention procedure.
- Set an example through high personal standards in the application of health and safety.
- Ensure the safe storing and stacking of all materials and recording of waste transfer.
- Assist Project Manager in implementing environmental procedures.
- Assist in the production of environmental risk assessments.
To join us, we’re looking for:
•Professionally recognised qualifications
•Site Manager experience
•Ability to work on own initiative
•Excellent written and oral communication skills
•Ability to work as part of a team
- Valid CSCS card
- SMSTS Qualified
- Fire Marshall Training
- First Aid Qualified
- Temporary Works
- Manual Handling
What's in it for me?
On top of a competitive salary and pension, you’ll be able to make the most of a great benefits package, including Private Healthcare.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone HR on 0161 330 4444