Bardsley Construction is a family owned construction company – and we’re still growing fast. The way we work is innovative and transformative, our people are passionate and knowledgeable, our culture is warm, friendly and family-driven, and with over 54 years’ experience of our industry, our clients trust us to deliver everything we promise.
Your new role
When it comes to your career, we deliver everything we promise to.
As Site Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Supervision of temporary works.
- Facilitate access roads demolition and site clearance.
- Securing site compound and organising welfare accommodation.
- Arranging temporary service connections (water/electric/BT)
- Grids of levels at each stage
- As built drawings and updating of on-site records (as works progresses).
- Excavation and drainage
- Waste management records
- Recording of any technical queries, requests for information & delays
- Horizontal and vertical control for permanent and temporary works throughout the project Need setting out experience in all civil works (roads, sewers, foundations), along with relevant experience with steel frame, timber frame, RC, and traditional construction methods
- Preparing and executing setting out information for the following: -
- Drainage, Foundations, Piling, Walls / stud/sfs, Structural frame.
· Health and Safety awareness
- First aid & fire marshal duties
- Ongoing management of welfare, site security & traffic management
- Management of Temporary works (design & supervision)
- General supervision, including reporting and resolving any arising issues or breaches.
- Take offs for supply only materials brick block, concrete
- Running totals
- Assisting Q.S’s with subcontractor bills and payments/ reviewing subcontractor records.
- Be involved in progress meetings with Subcontractors
- Issuing and forecasting short-term programmes
- Liaising with various internal and external contacts
- Assist the project manager as directed
To join us, we’re looking for:
•Professionally recognised qualifications
•Site Engineer experience
•Ability to work on own initiative
•Excellent written and oral communication skills
•Ability to work as part of a team
- Valid CSCS card
- SMSTS Qualified
- Fire Marshall Training
- First Aid Qualified
- Temporary Works
- Manual Handling
- Cable Avoidance
What's in it for me?
On top of a competitive salary and pension, you’ll be able to make the most of a great benefits package, including Private Healthcare.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone HR on 0161 330 4444