General Policy Statement
This statement recognises Bardsley Construction Ltd obligations under the Health & Safety at Work etc., Act 1974. Bardsley Construction Ltd (The Company) in the conduct of its activities will ensure that it: -
• Protects the health, safety and welfare of its employees and others who may be affected by our
• Limits adverse effects on and adjacent to the area in which those activities are carried out.
• Meets its responsibilities as an employer to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent
accidents, injuries and damage to health.
• Develops and maintains a continually improving management system designed to comply with
OHSAS 18001:2007. The Company Will Also, So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable:-
• Provide and maintain safe working environments that are without risks to health, safety and
• Set standards that comply with the relevant statutory requirements relating to health, safety and
welfare with regard to the affect on employees, contractors, visitors and the public.
• Safeguard employees and others from foreseeable hazards connected with work activities,
processes and working systems.
• Ensure that when new substances, plant, machinery, equipment, processes or premises are
introduced, adequate guidance, instruction, training and supervision are provided for safe
methods of work to be developed.
• Train all employees to be aware of their own responsibilities in respect of relevant health and
safety matters and ensure they participate in the prevention of accidents and co-operate with
measure taken to prevent industrial disease.
• Ensure that contractors undertaking work for the Company are informed of the relevant
standards required and are monitored to ensure compliance without detracting from the
contractor’s legal responsibilities to comply with statutory requirements.
• Promote good health amongst employees and be concerned with the prevention of
occupational and non-occupational disorders and diseases.
• Co-operates with appropriate authorities and technical organisations to ensure policies are
updated and standards reviewed to reflect best practice.
• Undertake inspection, audit and review activities to ensure the Company’s objectives for health,
safety and welfare are being met.
• Objectives for continual improvement of the system will be set annually during the first
Management Review Meeting (January) and will be monitored at the quarterly Management
This Policy, supported by Instructions, Procedures and Organisational Arrangements, is to be applied to all activities undertaken by the Company.
The Policy must be enforced by all Directors, Managers and Supervisors and be observed by all employees.
The responsibility for determining the Company’s policies on health, safety and welfare matters including revision of this Policy, lies with the Directors of Bardsley Construction Holdings Ltd (BCHL)
• The Chairman is responsible for ensuring that adequate financial and physical resources are
committed for the implementation of this policy.
• The Board of Directors has appointed the individual responsible for health and safety, Mr Neil
Taylor, as having particular responsibility for health, safety and welfare on a day to day basis. In
the event of difficulties arising from the implementation of this Policy, reference must be made
to Mr Neil Taylor.
• Each employee shall recognise personal responsibility for observing the Company’s Safety
Policy, Instructions and Procedures, and should develop interest and enthusiasm in health,
safety and welfare issues.
• The implementation of this Policy will be undertaken by the Managers and staff of the Company
supported by an appointed Safety Advisor who will monitor compliance with the requirements
and give advice on health, safety and welfare matters generally.
The person responsible for the Maintenance and Development of Bardsley Construction Limited SHEQ Management System will be the Company SHEQ Manager supported by the SHEQ Advisors.
This Policy will be reviewed no later than 12 months
from the date below.
Signed For and on behalf of the Board of Directors
Mr Mr Neil Taylor
Designation. SHEQ Manager
Date: 3rd February 2017