Defects Care Policy
At Bardsley Construction Limited, we acknowledge that defects do occur in construction and although our procedures attempt to reduce these, we have developed a system in which to rectify these quickly in order to maintain a high level of quality and provide the client and residents with customer care so they can feel confident in our ability to fulfil our objectives under our aim of “achieving excellence in construction”.
Defects Prior to Handover
During construction, defects do occur albeit through shrinkage or other influences inherent with material used in construction. When identified early, corrective action is taken to either remove the defect totally or embark on a course of action in which to treat it. These actions are undertaken to enable the building to be handed over with a target of zero defects.
During the months after handover, defects may become apparent in varying forms, which can and will be promptly attended to in line with the contract. This is undertaken by our dedicated team of maintenance operatives who will take corrective action in order to maintain the specification and quality of workmanship detailed in the employers brief. (Please refer to our customer care & defect management procedures statement detailed below).
The Company operates a detailed Quality Assurance procedure for all departments and this ensures that all procedures are followed by all Bardsley Construction Limited employees and this in turn enables the Company to provide clients with a quality product second to none.
The Company consistently monitor the top 10 defects of the work we undertake by feedback from our Maintenance Operatives, our Site Managers or indeed our Client’s. Should there be a consistent defect which is product related, this would be discussed with our purchasing department, and addressed, and alternativeproducts would be sourced and utilised providing preventative measures on future projects. Further feedback with the Client/End User is undertaken towards the end of the defects liability period in the form of a post contract review (details below), with specific sections relating to defects.
The Company believes that benchmarking is an important element of any project. In order to improve performance, it is necessary to measure and compare performance and the Company has adopted the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), developed by the Construction Best Practice Programme, for many of its projects.
As part of Bardsley Construction Limted commitment to customer satisfaction the Company undertakes post contract reviews (which also form part of our KPIs) with all its Client’s for every project we complete. These review documents allow us to ensure that we are delivering the requisite level of service, and more importantly, we can assess those areas where we are not delivering to our Client’s requirements and implement change.
Post Contract Reviews
Bardsley Construction Limited philosophy of a total commitment to Customer Care is an essential component of the Company’s success.
Our ethos of putting Clients first and responding to their needs goes far beyond both the contract and obligations under the contract. The Company firmly believes that for clients and end users to be completely satisfied with any project, they must be given a thoroughly professional, effective and speedy service during the defects liability period.
In response to this, Bardsley Construction Limited has a separate dedicated department that takes over contracts at practical completion. This department is managed by our Maintenance Manager and has a number of multi-skilled tradesmen.
This part of the Company provides the following key services:
1. Speedy response to defects during the defects liability period
2. Attendance to latent defects
3. 24 hour emergency cover
4. National holiday cover
Full training is given to both Clients and customers on how the product should be looked after and maintained, and to Bardsley Construction Limited own maintenance team. Bardsley Construction Limited team are also experienced in working with Clients and residents and are sympathetic to their needs and circumstances. It is also emphasised that neat and tidy work, together with respect of residents/tenants, is paramount.
The results of our Care Policy are reflected through our high percentage of repeat business in all sectors.
Customer Care & Defect Management
1. On receipt of a telephone call, fax or letter from an Employer, Resident or Employer’s Agent, the duty staff will assess the nature of the complaint.
2. If a Subcontract related item, the Subcontractor will be contacted and instructed to deal with the complaint within the specified timescale. All relevant information is to be passed to the Subcontractor.
3. If unable to contact the Subcontractor, or they are unable to facilitate the complaint within the timescales specified, Bardsley Construction Limited operatives will attend.
4. If a Bardsley Construction Limited related item, staff will deal with the complaint and a job card completed.
5. Operatives attending defect will obtain customer satisfaction note from resident as confirmation that the works have been attended to satisfactorily. Copy note issued back to head office and Employers Agent.
6. Upon completion of any project a letter of introduction to our after sales service is given to the resident or facilities manager.